Support Our Mission
The Acadia School of Traditional Music and Arts is dedicated to promoting education and appreciation of traditional music, dance, art, instrument crafts and associated technologies. The Acadia Trad School’s goal is to build community and help preserve the traditions, using music, dance and crafts of primarily Celtic origin to build bridges between generations and cultures.
PLEASE consider making a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation to our program.
Gifts of any size can also be sent via check to:
The Acadia Trad School
216 High Street, #357
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
As a newly registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, our current efforts involve ensuring the operational sustainability of the Acadia Trad School through robust volunteer participation and a dedicated Board of Trustees, and in building a strong financial foundation for the future through careful business practices and the development of a philanthropic program. Now that we have achieved 501(c)3 status, we will apply for grants and private donations to support additional programming in communities and public schools.Our current and planned activities, some of which are dependent on this funding, are:
- Acadia Trad Festival
- Music enrichment programs for K-12 music students in Bar Harbor, Maine
- Public concerts & associated workshops
- Collaborative music gatherings (sessions)
- Professional development program and support for young artists
- Free online educational and community-building resources
In the Future, we plan to offer:
- Artist-in-Residence program
- Cultural/historical enrichment programs for K-12 students across Maine
- Weekend programs / workshops for students of all ages and abilities
- Instrument Donation program
We need your help. Whether you wish to contribute your time and talent, or assist our efforts with much-needed financial support, there is a place for you in the Acadia Trad School future.
Thank you for your support!
The Acadia School of Traditional Music and Arts is an exempt organization as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; EIN 38-4045734.